The Washington State Tax Consultants were organized in 1982 and founded on the ideals of establishing and maintaining standards of professional conduct, competence, and ethical practice for tax professionals in the State of Washington.
Our members include tax practitioners, Enrolled Agents, accountants, Certified Public Accountants, and other professionals in the tax field. Each member is required to complete thirty hours of continuing education each calendar year. WSTC sponsored education meets all of the Circular 230 requirements for Continuing Professional Education.
Local chapters throughout Washington meet monthly to provide education and opportunities for networking with other tax practitioners.
We serve as a liaison between the taxpayer, the IRS, and state agencies. From this sound foundation, WSTC is growing and moving forward.
There are many reasons for tax practitioners to join WSTC. Here are a few:
- Local chapter meetings throughout the state. Provide monthly education and networking with other tax professionals
- Seminars offer continuing professional education (CPE) at a reasonable cost
- Annual conventions include CPE, product vendors and camaraderie
- Informative state newsletter published quarterly
- Group purchasing of supplies and reference books, such as Quickfinders and “It’s Deductible”
- Membership Directory Hand Book
- Affiliation with Transworld Systems, Green Flag Profit Recovery, affords our members an avenue for collections on past due accounts at reasonable rates
WSTC is creating a lively and close-knit community of tax practitioners across Washington State.
WSTC members are:
- Educated and ethical – we are a professional organization and we require high standards from our members.
- Up to date on the newest tax laws – continuing education requirement produces well-informed tax practitioners.
- Experienced – our members have been tax practitioners for many years. In addition to tax return preparation, many members also provide accounting, payroll and other bookkeeping services.
- Capable – able to assist with IRS notices, examinations, business tax returns for Corporations, Partnerships, Trusts, Estates, LLC’s, and more.
The mission of the Washington State Tax Consultants is to promote excellence and professionalism in the tax preparation industry through education, networking, and adherence to the highest ethical standards.
Code of Ethics
I Shall . . .
- Conduct myself as a professional.
- Respect the confidential relationship of client and consultant.
- Keep any information regarding a client confidential without his/her written permission detailing disclosure.
- Prepare a return after thoroughly interviewing a client to avoid errors, omissions, or non-compliance with the tax law to the client’s benefit as well as mine.
- Identify with the firm name, address and my signature all returns for which a fee is charged. One copy shall be supplied to the client.
- Prepare returns within my field of experience and competence unless assisted by another in authority on such returns.
- Share tax information and experiences with fellow members, thereby seeking no unfair advantage over other members.
- Permit only those in partnership or an employee to practice in my name.
- Understand, if enjoined from practice, or convicted of a felony, membership in WSTC is automatically suspended, pending review by the proper committee of WSTC. If charged with unethical practice, all pertinent facts shall be placed before a neutral representative for investigation and judgment.